Microsclerotherapy is a treatment used to improve the appearance of thread veins and spider veins, or eliminate them completely.
How does microsclerotherapy work?
Microsclerotherapy is a safe, non-surgical procedure which involves injecting a saline treatment directly into the thread vein with a very fine needle. These injections cause the lining of the veins to swell so that blood cannot flow through them. Once the blood is restricted from flowing through the spider veins, they become much less visible and disappear.
The process is quick and pretty basic, recovery time is also minimal. We have experienced therapists specialising in this procedure making it virtually painless and no need for topical anaesthetic.
What happens after?
After the treatment we recommend the following:
- Wear compression stockings day and night for 2-3 days and then during the day for a further 10 days.
- Avoid high impact exercise for 14 days.
- Avoid strong sun exposure for 4 weeks as this will increase the risk of pigmentation marks.
- Avoid excessive temperatures (very hot bats, saunas etc.)
- Avoid leg waxing for up to 6 weeks.
Improves and eliminates the appearance of thread veins
Safe, non-surgical procedure
Minimal recovery time
We have experienced therapists specialising in this procedure
For more information on our treatments get in touch
A member of our qualified Team will be more than happy to assist you with any questions you may have.